Brenda Kidd Houston, TX, United States
Think and Grow Rich
Chapter 1: Thoughts Are Things
Napoleon Hill wrote “thoughts are things,” and powerful things at that, when they are mixed with definiteness of purpose, persistence, and a BURNING DESIRE for their translation into riches, or other material objects.
Though the examples in this chapter are different, they each give us unique nuggets that were used to gain success through the roadmaps used to bring their dreams into reality.
Edwin C. Barnes:
- Was DETERMINED TO REMAIN READY AND AVAILABLE until he got that for which he was seeking
- Had the capacity to KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTED, AND THE DETERMINATION TO STAND BY THAT DESIRE UNTIL HE RECEIVED IT
- AND HE DID RECEIVE IT…..
R. U. Darby:
- Pursued gold mining in the “gold-rush” days
- Had a setback which required more equipment
- Returned with what he felt was needed but the environment had changed
- Failed to consult an expert and decided to give up on his dream
- Sold his equipment which was then used by another who realized he needed to consult with an expert in order to move on, and eventually attained the success Darby had pursued and given up on
- LESSON LEARNED – Sometimes we fail, but we must not make it our legacy!
- A Renewed desire in A New industry
- Powerfully successful…..
The FIFTY-CENT LESSON IN PERSISTENCE:
- Knew the expected goal and had an unbreakable determination to reach it
- Stood up to the opposition without wavering, but with respect
- Repeated the goal for the opposition AND for herself so as not to be deterred
- Showed no fear or hesitation to any who did not agree with her success
- Arrived at the desired and expected outcome…..
- Dared to dream a dream no one had ever before thought of
- Stayed on it until success was realized even when failure appeared to be the obvious outcome
- Successfully created something no had ever created before
- Unwavering Determination is the key…..