Harry Keitz Dallas, Ga, USA
The Starting Point Of All Achievement
He left himself no possible way of retreat. He had to win or parish that is all there is to Barnes story of success.
Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to burn his ships and cut all sources of retreat only by doing so can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a “Burning Desire” to win, essential to success.
When the going gets hard in the future looks dismal they pulled up, and went where the going seemed easier. Well this mark the difference between Marshall Field and the other merchants. It is the difference which distinguishes those who succeed from those who fail.
Every human being old enough to understand the value of money wishes for it. But wishing will not bring riches. Desiring riches, with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches and backing those plans with persistence - a persistence which does not recognize failure - that’s what will bring riches!
The method by which you desire for riches can be transmuted into his financial equivalent consist of six definite, practical steps:
1. Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say “I want plenty of money.” Be definite about the amount. (There is a psychological reason for such definiteness Explained in the subsequent chapters.)
2. Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. ( there is no such reality as “ something for nothing.”)
3. Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
4. Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
5. Now ride it out. Write a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
6. Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, read it once just before retiring at night, and read it once after arising in the morning. As you read see and feel and believe yourself already in possession of the money.
It is important that you follow the instructions in the six steps. Is especially important that you observe and follow the instructions in the six step. You may complain that it is impossible for you to “see yourself in possession of the money” before you actually have it. Here is where a burning desire will come to your aid. If you truly desire money so keenly that your desire is an obsession you will have no difficulty in convincing yourself that you will acquire it. The object is to want money, and to become so determined to have it that you convince yourself you will have it.